CREMONA The city is located in the heart of the Padana Plain, not far from Po river. It is jokingly known as the "city of the three T", that is to say turoon, Turas, tetas (the tipycal sweet, the famous tower, an italian word to talk about girl “big breast”). Another version of this saying is "turoon, Turas, Tugnas", as Tognazzi a famous italian actor (reported to Ugo Tognazzi). Cremona is situated in south of Lombardy, near Po river. It is about 30 Km from Piacenza in Emilia Romagna, 65 Km from Mantova, 50 Km from Lodi, 59 Km from Brescia, 56 Km from Parma in Emilia Romagna, 75 Km from Bergamo and 85 Km from Milan. The territory has a surface of 70.4 km² and the average altitude is 45. Cremona is the capital world of violin making, the ancient art of construction of the violin and other stringed instruments, a primacy of which the city should be proud because, among all the musical instruments, violin is able to touch the strings of feelings and emotions. Over two hundred shops liutaie continue today, the tradition, which was a chastened luthiers cremonesi, as Antonio Stradivari, Amati and Guarneri, while a prestigious international violin making school welcomes and form each year students from every part of the world. Everything in the city speaks about violin and music. It is also possible to visit, on reservation, some shops, to assist "live" to the phases of processing. Cremona tourism office phone number +39 0372-23233. It is 49 minutes from Luna Residence Hotel.
Ponchielli Theater was built, to a design by the architect Luigi Canonica, starting in 1806 on the ruins of the previous 'Theater of the Company', destroyed by fire.
After Amilcare Ponchielli’s death, the well known cremonese musician (together with Antonio Stradivari and Claudio Monteverdi), which took place in Milan on January 16, 1886, the theater was called 'Concordia-Ponchielli ', then take the march 12, 1907, the definitive designation of 'Teatro Amilcare Ponchielli".
This is one of the best theaters of those years, with horseshoe-shaped, four tiers of boxes and a gallery. By now, also, there were made improvements, including the elongation of the stage, which is thus one of the largest in Italy. In 1824 a new fire partially destroyed the structure, immediately restored by Faustino Rhodes and Luigi Voghera.
The town acquired the property in 1986, starting in 1989, radical restoration work and technological adaptation. It hosts plays, concerts and events singing. The current building of the Amilcare Ponchielli Theater is therefore the result of a series of construction, reconstruction, modifications, maintenance and restoration that lasts from duecentocinquant years.
Palazzo dell'Arte, an admirable work of the architect Cocchia, in the process of being restructured thanks also to the will and commitment of the farmer Giovanni Arvedi and of Arvedi Buschini Foundation, welcome from next year all the heritage and the violin making tradition of the city of Cremona. Stradivari, Amati, Guarneri “del Gesù”, but also Ceruti and Bergonzi are just few important names which let the name of this city become famous because of stringed instruments.
The new Museum deals with the history of violin, how stringed instruments are built, lutist families stories, and will give adequate relief to a large number of masterpieces formed by collections today located in Palazzo Comunale, Ala Ponzone Civico Museum and the temporary exhibitions of Stradivari Friends (Historical violin classical cremonese instruments now owned by the most important collections from all over the world periodically granted Stradivari Cremona Foundation and then exposed to the MDV- Museum of Violin). In Museum there will also be all the instruments of “Internationa triennal stringed instruments competition Antonio Stradivari”, organised in tha last 30 years by the same foundation. It will be also built a big violin library. The most advanced technological solutions exhibition will allow, in order, fascinating interactive visits which supported by research and international summits. For this reason Violin Museum is going to become the more extraordinary meeting place in Liuteria world panorama and a place for disclosure didactic cultural thought even for the small and young music fans.
CASALMAGGIORE (CR), from Estense domain, has had a massive fortification; today it remains only the tower that is located close to the embankment. Its churches are very beautiful: Santo Stefano Duomo, Madonna della Fontana Shrine, San Leonardo and San Francesco churches.
It is good to visit: Bujou Museum, the only one in Europe, and Diotti Museum.
Garibaldi Square, the Long Po River and Golena Po characterise our town.
Casalmaggiore Theater was constructed in 1782 and restored in 1989. With a total of 368 seats, offers 108 seats, 180 stage, 80 gallery, 100 reduced. There are also places for persons with handicap.
Located in the central area of Casalmaggiore, it is one of the historical Casalmaggiore monuments you have to visit, its address is Via Cairoli, 52, about 300 meters from Garibaldi Square. The stage has a wooden floor, and flanked by spacious and equipped with shower rooms for actors, rehearsal room, dance studio, tailoring-laundry.
Diotti Museum is located in the historic center of Casalmaggiore. It is an old building whose neoclassical appearance is due to the architect Fermo Zuccari which in 1838 has restored on behalf of the painter Giuseppe Diotti (Casalmaggiore, 1779-1846). Teacher and director of Carrara Accademia in Bergamo, he was an important Neoclassicism exponent, Diotti has here dwelt in the last years of his life, installing his own studio and a remarkable collection of paintings and prints for the use of local students. New Diotti Museum aims to propose itself not only as a picture gallery of the nineteenth century, but also as a house-museum time to reconstruct the image of the atelier and return didactically the working method of the artist. In addition to Diotti’s works, are represented artists such as Ghislina, Chiozzi, Paolo Araldi, Quarenghi, Civeri, Cerati, Troubetzkoy, Tommaso Aroldi, Amedeo Bocchi, Beltrami, Manara and Tino Aroldi and it is important a particular mention the relief - almost a museum within a museum - conferred to painter Goliardo Padua and a protagonist of “chiarismo lombardo” and informal naturalism. The Museum has a rich educational program for any type of school. In the summer period, in the courtyard of the Museum is also proposed a review of outdoor cinema.
Bijou Museum of Casalmaggiore was established in 1986. Ten years after it was set up in the actual place, specially restored, in the basement of the former College Santa Croce, a building erected by “Padri Barnabiti” toward the half of the XVIII century. Collections are exposed on a surface of 400 Mq, in three sections (objects, archival and technology). The giftware section collects over 20,000 pieces produced by Casalmaggiore industries between the end of the Nineteenth Century and 1970. In addition to the traditional types of costume jewelry brooches, cufflinks, bracelets, belts, earrings, pendants), there are clamshell phone, cigarette cases, sunglasses, devotional medals, badges. The Bijou industry in Casalmaggiore was created in a small workshop, thanks to the teacher Giulio Galluzzi (Codogno 1855 - Casalmaggiore 1932) that, when he had moved to Casalmaggiore in 1878, could not manage to realize in 1882 the first slab of metal plated gold. From this lucky experience was born an important firm that already in 1887 exported its products even in Latin America with the trademark "G. G. ". At the end of the years '20, Giulio Galluzzi’s company, “Federal Orefici Society”, founded in 1905, and the company “Il Placcato”, active since 1920, mingled in a new company, “Anonima Fabbriche Riunite Placcato Oro” Society.
Golena Po Park
Leaving Luna Residence keep to the left and after about 50 meters turn right into Massimo D'Azeglio Street until you reach the traffic lights, turn left and walk down Dante Alighieri Street, you will reach the embankment with the lovely Santa Maria dell’Argine church, where you can admire traces of seventeenth century structures and its Romanesque bell tower. At the crossroads keep the Church on your left, direction Casalmaggiore, after about one kilometer you will find in the area of “Lido Po”, the ideal place to spend moments to relax, where it is nice to admire the slow slide of the great river. A group of poplars defines a public garden, equipped with tables and wooden benches where they can enjoy a lunch in the open air, bordered by an asphalted road that will take you inside Golena Po Park, which extends for 600 hectares of “Golena” area. If you walk for about half a kilometer on the path to find themselves far away from the noise and everyday chaos: you walk through Nascituri wood, where it is installed a "life path" equipped for the workout. One kilometer after, you meet “Tunnel degli olmi”: a long stretch of the Via Alzaia that winds beneath the dense branching produced by the majestic secular olmi, you will find yourself in a fairy-tale atmosphere where the only noises received will be the rustling of leaves and the crickets song in the summer. The landscape, governed by man, and even embellished by the growth of indigenous flora, willows, poplars and wild flowers of every kind.
The Great River
Near Santa Maria church you can take a further footpath or cycling formed on the embankment between Po and the embankment itself. This track shows the typical Padanian farmhouses formed in owned area, next to the River and exposed every year at risk of flooding. Some are still inhabited, other abandoned for safety reasons. The path is also interesting for other reasons, first among these is the ability to see "lanche", small lakes of different sizes due to the annual floods of Po River or, more rarely, to springs. It is an important characteristic of the land because around the oxbow lakes it is created a micro-environment populated by different species. The itinerary is also interesting because it shows the devastating effects of flooding of the Po River along the embankments and the reconstruction that let you know how the apparent calm of the river can be transformed in devastating fury. Climbing on the embankment and taking the direction Po - Gussola, you will be able to observe the various agricultural crops typical in our area. Turning around Comune di Casalmaggiore Palace and passing Turati Square, you immediately are able to find Po again. In the morning, in the evening, or even better at sunset a lovely walk on the embankment ensures a romantic point of view from which you can admire the majesty of the River.
Torre de' Picenardi
TORRE DE' Picenardi (CR) (“la Tur” in cremonese dialect) is a town of 1,839 inhabitants in Cremona province.
Villa Sommi Picenardi is situated in cremonese countryside about 25 km from Cremona. Its noble name is the same of an ancient Lombard family. The oldest place is constituted by the buildings of the left part, a zone called "il castelletto" with the ancient tower that probably has a medieval origin. The most famous room of Villa Sommi is the “Bibliopinacoteca”, built from 1817 by the architect Luigi Voghera to preserve the very important and valuable collection of paintings, books, prints, ancient manuscripts, rare books, now unfortunately lost.
San Lorenzo Castle, documented from the fifteenth but probably of oldest origin, rises in the homonymous little town in the municipality of Torre de' Picenardi, immersed in the green of the large park that surrounds it. The main element in Voghera design, was the creation of the imposing facade, characterized by various crenellated towers of great scenic impact and clear reminder medieval. All the complex, especially in the main wing, is characterized in the interiors of several rooms of various sizes on different floors; all the rooms, on the contrary of the outside, are decorated in a neoclassical style, with continuous references to Greek tradition and roman.
Torricella del Pizzo
TORRICELLA PIZZO (CR) has its origins from an ancient settlement topped by a tower that stood near the waters of Po River. Today, there are still only a few ruins of the tower, not far away there is S. Nicola church with a façade situated outside decorated with niches and an internal a single nave with chapels to the extreme part..
Musical mechanical instruments Museum
Torretta Agriturismo has created, together with AMMI (Italian Mechanical Music Association), a museum that tells the story of italian mechanical music. Cuckoo clocks, mechanical organs, internal parts of the musical instruments, music boxes, cages of birds mechanised, plans to cylinder, melodic plans, organs, gramophones, real works relating to music history. During the centuries instruments refined with the evolution of civilization: the whistl of a shepherd became a flute, harp stringed instruments including violin, and finally those percussion with the piano. All of the instruments have been invented by italian people, this is also true for mechanical music. Hundreds of industries all over the world but especially in Italy, created millions of tools. Edison is the inventor of recording music and Marconi uncovers “waves of music”. That’s the reason why mechanical music disappears. Thanks to the birth of Ammi association, with the President Franco Severi, the sound of musical instruments mechanical is born again.
In Torretta Agriturismo you are able to visit a Museum which is the witness of this culture.
"Agriturismo Torretta" – Via Marconi, 3 – Mobile 347 2297863 – 335 7316518 e-mail: email@example.com To visit: Sunday from 3,00 to 7,00 p.m. – During the week you have to book –Ticket: € 3,00
Natural history Museum
Within the old but completely renovated barn you can visit Natural history Museum, with ita rich collection of minerals and fossil shells from all over the world and the teaching laboratory. The Museum is opened from 2,00 to 6,00 p.m., however during the week you have to book for school groups. This museum was born in Torricella del Pizzo, thanks to Manuela Buoli, an agricaltural entrepreneur. The material arrives from all over the world. The idea of placing the museum within the context of an ancient farmhouse, is born from the meeting with Mosconi family which have expressed their desire to find an adequate space for a collection of fossil and mineral shells to which the family is currently devoted to about seventy years, for three generations. They are rare fruit of excursions and research that took place throughout the world, welcomed in the wide spaces of the farm. There are also twenty-six collection.
S. Daniele Po
Naturalistic “Paleoantropologico” Museum
Founded in 1998 thanks to naturalistic “Paleontofi” group of S. Daniele Po (CR), the Museum represents an important reality for cremonese culture. Five sections currently make up the complex of the museum's exhibition by ensuring a broad framework of padana prehistory. A path time warp that from the man goes up to the origins of life. Moreover, a new section of “antarctica” was recently added thanks to Antarctica trips made by the director David Persico. It is divided into 4 sections: human journey, fossils of Po, Palaeontology general, mineralogy and petrography, naturalistic Teaching. As always, the museum pays careful attention to educational activities for schools and general public. In 2007, thanks to the important requirements achieved, it has obtained the regional recognition.
MOTTA BALUFFI (CR). Of great interest are the center of the town hall, building late-nineteenth century, which is inspired by 1.400, San Cataldo church, built on a Latin-cross plan, Po Aquarium, with over 70 tanks containing numerous species of rivers features of autochthonous fauna. The first documents that speak about the town go back to the XII century, but surely even before there was some type of settlement. The name "Motta" is very common. Among the first hypothesis is that the derivation from the germanic "Mot" or "Gemot", that means public meeting. The name “Baluffi” derives rom the last name of a noble family in the area. The village is situated along the ancient “road of the levees” which runs along the Po river, which leads from Cremona in Casalmaggiore. In Motta Baluffi settled, according to some historians, Etruscans.
Cordai Museum is dedicated to the ancient craft of Castelponzone: a node of rope is in fact the symbol of Castelponzone Cordai’s job involved a time all families, while today is almost disappeared. Its tradition belongs to Ponzone family, when rich families, which dominated the feud in 1416, did arrive directly from Tuscany Cordai to teach the craft to the inhabitants of the place. An art that for centuries represented the main activity of the country: it was cultivated in the fields, then it was served to provide the ropes through a complex process involving adults and children. Until a few decades ago Castelponzone has been acclaimed center for the production of ropes: in country were made ropes which have gone to Russia, France, Spain, Germany, Cordai Museo tries to give more importance to a disappeared job for which it unfortunately remains just the memory.
Isola Dovarese is an Italian municipality of 1.228 inhabitants in the province of Cremona, in the Lombardy. Isola is on a small drop-shaped terracing, extended in the Golena of Po river.
MANTOVA from July 2008 the important city that, together with Ssabbioneta has many Gonzaga’s memories, belongs to UNESCO patrimonio. The most important monuments are: San Pietro cathedral (Duomo), Sant’Andrea and Santa Barbara basilica, San Lorenzo Rotonda and San Sebastiano Temple, Podestà’s Bonacolsi. There are also many historical homes: Valenti-Gonzaga Palace, Cavriani Palace, Mercante house. It is about 40 minutes from Luna Residence
Social Mantova Theater
The interior, with five tiers, is elegant because of carvings and frescoes painted by mainly mantovani artists. Among these the painter Tranquillo Orsi, that also decorated Fenice Venice Theater.
Social Mantova Theater, because of its characteristics, is defined “Tradition Theater”, together with other 23 italian theaters. In the palace there are also historical activities as a dance school, a cafè and seven little shops.
It was built from 1767 to 1769, the eighteenth-century jewel of the city was designed by Antonio Galli Bibiena from Parma on commission of the rector of “Timidi Academy”, count Carlo Ottavio of Colloredo, with the purpose of hosting mainly scientific gatherings, but also open to performances, and concerts. A little more than a month after the inauguration, the January 16, 1770 the young Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, just fourteen, joint in Mantua his first Italian tour, also consecrating the incipient life of graceful "scientific" theater giving together with his father Leopold a memorable concert. Today the theater is used to host music festivals, concerts and conferences of high level.
SABBIONETA (MN), from July 7, 2008, has become together with Mantova in the list of world heritage site by UNESCO for its exceptional city foundation built in about 35 years for desire of prince Vespasiano Gonzaga Colonna. Giardino Palace, Ducale Palazzo, Gonzaga gallery, Armi Square, “Le Mura”, the Synagogue
Luna Residence is about 5 kilometers from the town of Sabbioneta, built on the wishes of Vespasiano Gonzaga, between 1556 and 1591; as a witness the many archaeological buildings that have been found in recent years. It is good to visit: Giardino Palace, the gallery, Antica Theater, Ducale Palace, Porta Vittoria and Imperiale, sacred art Museum and many churches including Incoronata, the Synagogue, “del Carmine” church , San Rocco and Assunta churches. The city joined Unesco from July 8, 2008, and has reached the 10th year of the “orange flag” for historical monuments, from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century. Expert guides are able to explain to visitors on a path that allows you to admire the five major historical monuments of the Unesco-protected town.
Giardino Palace – Antichi Gallery
Giardino Palace was a place the Duke found relax after government commitments, the Gallery, completed in 1584, is the third for length in Italy and at the beginning the container of the collections of duke.
It was duke’s residence, the interior is composed of a series of rooms and frescoed decorated by different artists. Beautiful the wooden ceilings; out in the Antenati Gallery you are able to find twenty Gonzaga’s portraits made in stucco and the four wooden statues of characters on horseback.
Completed in 1590 by the architect Scamozzi, it has an important role for theater buildings: it is in fact the first example in absolute stable theater.
Place of worship and a meeting of the Jewish community of the city, it was built in 1824. In 1840 were performed with stucco by the Swiss artist Pietro Bolla. The current Synagogue replaced the another, more ancient, located in the same building.
Time and cost: 1 hour and 30 minutes - Adults - 7,50 Euro / Reduced - 5,00 Euro
Viadana (MN) with its orthogonal floorplan, respects Giulio Cesare Gonzaga’s urban intervention, who provided for the construction of a pentagonal castle surrounded by walls with at the center, the abode of the Lord. Today, the area of the court's patron was transformed into a square surrounded by arcades, where stands Palazzo Comunale, S. Felicita Arcipetale and Sette Fratelli martiri.
PARMA ancient capital of Parma and Piacenza duchy of (1545-1859), the city of Parma is seat of a university and from 2002 of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), from 1956 Po Magistrate today Interregional Agency for the river Po (AIPO), since 1990 of the Po river basin authority (AdbPo). Since 1994 there has also its seat a detachment of the Department Scientific investigations (RIS), which is involved in scientific investigations concerning the northern Italy office tourism phone 0521/21888
Regio Parma Theater (“New Ducal Theater") is the opera house of the city of Parma is considered one of the most important traditional theaters in Italy thanks to the quality of its productions, the reputation of the singers and orchestra directors that have occurred over the years.
Located in the heart of the historic center is the home of several operatic performances, concerts and ballets that occur throughout the year.
COLORNO (PR) - Italian town of about 8,775 inhabitants, it was reclaimed in the middle ages by the Benedictine monks, center of great culture, there are important: Aranciaia, Santa Margherita Cathedral, Reggia. There is also a natural reserve “Parma Morta”, in a short distance from the Po, there is LIPU Oasis to Torrile. Many places of interest of the city, there are: Ducale Palace, Historical Garden, Ducale San Liborio Chapel, Aranciaia, Santa Margherita Duomo.
Rural civilization preindustrial Museum
The museum has its seat in Aranciaia (1710-1712) of Ducale Palace, it belongs 19 thematic categories which document the agriculture, the arts and crafts, the home. Among the various sections, there are those relating to the manufacture of textile fibers, to the enology, hunting and fishing, as well as the new section of the Cinema and Print. Ornagerie (Aranciaia), as the name suggests, was designed to accommodate during the winter citrus plants that in summer season adorned Ducale Park. Born at the beginning of the XVIII century for willingness by Farnese family, it was designed by Ferdinando Galli Bibbiena by following the classical structure of the two halls one connected between them by a wide staircase, and has maintained until today its original lines.
In Colorno, Colorno Reggia, "little Versailles", is the capital of italian gardening and flowers for flower exhibition which takes place every year. Over one hundred exhibitors. Gardening exhibitions are almost the same: formula, in the same exhibitors, that transmigrate from one to the other. To change, and it is an important thing, is the context and the spirit of the place. Ducale Park in Colorno Reggia, as a context for a manifestation of gardening, is not the most common, it was no more for size, greatness and because it is here that we made one of work green restoration more impressive in recent history: Reintroduction of the magnificent Italian garden designed by Le Notre. Perhaps it is because of this that "in the sign of the lily" (where the Lily is not only a flower, but the symbol of the dynasty of Farnese family) shows no signs of tiredness but, on the contrary, always aims to be more of a size and a relief international.
Busseto has been a town since 1533 and an Italian municipality of 7.099 inhabitants in the province of Parma, in the Italian region Emilia-Romagna. Ancient capital of Stato Pallavicino, Busseto is well-known especially to have had, among his hamlets, the village of Le Roncole where was born in 1813 the composer Giuseppe Verdi and where lived also the writer and journalist Giovannino Guareschi.
Zibello is an Italian municipality of 1.833 inhabitants in the province of Parma; It’s well-known for the production of the famous “Culatello of Zibello”. It seems that the toponym comes from “Zobello”, (it meaned “passing embankment”) which in turn comes from the latin word “iugum” (that meaned passage, yoke). Its name could also come from “Gibello” because the town is located on a slightly more elevated area (“Gibbo”) than the neighboring lands. The municipality of Zibello is part of the common sites of the Parma plain.
PARMALAND in the heart of Parma province, is immersed in Tabiano Bagni green hills and Salsomaggiore Terme, enchanted places always been oriented toward the hospitality; Parmaland is a park that combines adventure, creativity and nature in the fun, welfare and sport. Its surface is of about 40.000 M2 in which men, women and children will be able to enjoy themselves in albering, animations and treasure hunts, beauty farm and pool, breathtaking tours on board the buggy, horseback riding and much, much sport .... in addition to the possibility of tasting the specialities and typical products of the territory. (Phone 0524/567610).
It is about 20 minutes from Luna Residence
FIDENZA (PR) You can find the city from the Motorway A1 Milan - Bologna, Fidenza Village hosts the most prestigious brands at prices reduced by up to 70% throughout the year. Shopping in Fidenza Village looks very similar to a holiday. In a pleasant and elegant environment there are more than 100 boutiques, to offer you a fine selection of the best brands of clothing, accessories and items for the home. The most exclusive signatures fashion are always at your fingertips, just a one-hour drive from Milan and Bologna. There are inside many prestigious restaurants. Fidenza Village is part of the collection of nine Villages Chic Outlet Shopping® , managed by Value Retail. Established in 1992, Value Retail has established itself as the only company in the industry dedicated to the creation and management of villages of outlet shopping luxury. With about 900 boutique outlets of the world's leading brands in fashion and decor, the Collection offers for shoppers from refined tastes an unrivalled experience of shopping at outlets of luxury in Europe. The nine Villages, located next to some of the most popular European cities, have become a coveted destination for tourists and local international.
Brescello is an Italian municipality of 5.623 inhabitants in the province of Reggio Emilia, in the Italian region Emilia-Romagna; it's located in the flat surrounding area of Reggio. Brescello is famous for being the set of the films: “Don Camilo and Peppone” based on the books by Giovannino Guareschi.
PIACENZA is between Emilia and Lombardy, the city is in fact influenced by Milan, to whose economic region belong to many aspects and to which they have often linked their destinies. Its nick name is “first born”, Because it was the first Italian city to vote, in 1848, with a plebiscite the annexation to the Kingdom of Sardinia. Important to visit are: S. Francesco d’Assisi basilica, San Giovanni in Canale, Santa Maria di Campagna, San Sisto Church, San Sepolcro, in addition to the civilian architecture: Palazzo Landi, Costa, Rota Pisaroni, Somaglia. It is about less than an hour from Luna Residence Hotel.
Lago di Garda
GARDA LAKE is placed in parallel to the Adige, from which it is divided by the massif of Monte Baldo. To the north it is narrow to funnel while to the south, widens, surrounded by hills which make it more sweet the landscape. It is an important touristic place and it is visited every year from millions of persons. The northern part of the lake is located in a depression that creeps in direction NE-SSW inside of the Alps, while the southern part occupies an area of the upper Po Valley: there are a portion vallivo and one area of Piedmont, the first of narrow and elongated shape, the second broad is semicircular. A characteristic of Garda is the limited size of the catchment area (2290 km²) in relation to lake surface: a length of 52 km of the lake are 95 km of the basin, while the respective widths are 16 and 42 km. It is less than an hour from Luna Residence
GARDALAND is an amusement park situated in the north-eastern Italy, in a place called Ronchi in Castelnuovo del Garda, Verona. It is adjacent to Garda Lake although not overlooking it. It extends on a surface of 600,000 square meters and inside, you will find mechanical attractions, themes and aquatic. Every year it is visited by more than 3.2 million people. The structure was affected by a gradual development and extended without an urban development project overall, which sometimes has generated problems of uneven distribution and circulation of visitors (remoteness of some areas from the entrance) or the aesthetic conflict flashy between "new" and "old".
VERONA is an important touristic place, visited every year from more than three millions of persons, because of its artistic and architectural richness, for its international exhibitions. The city belongs to UNESCO for its architecture and hurban structure: Verona is a wonderful example of a city which was built, doscovered and developped during two thousands years, integrating artistic elements of the highest quality of the different periods that have succeeded one another; also represents in an exceptional way the concept of a fortified city in several stages determinants of European history. It is about less than an hour from Luna Residence Hotel
THE STABILE THEATRE OF VERONA
The Stabile theatre of Verona houses and organizes 2 important prose seasons: the now-classic “The big Theatre” realized with the department of culture of the Verona municipality and “Let’s have fun in theatre” which in a few years is become a point of reference for the big names of the Italian theatre, especially for the genres of the brilliant comedy theatre. It proposes also the show “Not only dance”. Thanks to this shows and other unseasonable appointments, the “Teatro Nuovo” that is the seat of the Stabile theatre was in the season 2006/07 the first theatre of the region Veneto and the seventh in Italy for number of spectators.
THE VERONA ARENA
In the summer of the year 1913, the tenor Giovanni Zenatello and the theatre manager Ottone Rovato assumed the financial risk of promote in the Verona arena a grandiose opera festival to celebrate the centennial of Giuseppe Verdi’s birth. Thanks to the opera “Aida” the Verona arena became the biggest opera house amphitheatre of the world: record that it still holds today.
BRESCIA has a nickname “Italy Lion”, because of its ten days ef resistence to Austria during renaissance period. Its province is the 5th more populated in Italy. Brescia is on Padana Plane, next to Val Trompia, down on Maddalena and Cidneo colle. The territory is dominated by bresciane Prealps to north, Gardesane Prealps to east and Franciacorta territory to west. It is for the most part flat; however, everything on the south side of Maddalena Mount (including the summit) falls in the territory of the municipality, so that the municipality of Brescia is located to have a altimetric spawn of 770 meters. It is about less than an hour from Luna Residence Hotel.
BOLOGNA is the seventh Italian common for population and is the heart of a metropolitan area of nearly 1,000,000 inhabitants. Ancient university town, ihe city hosts numerous students that animate its cultural and social life. Known for its towers and its long porticos, possesses a well-preserved historic center (one of the most extended of Italy), by virtue of a careful policy of restoration and conservation started from the end of the sixties of the last century, in spite of the severe damage caused by demolition of urban end of the XIX century and the ravages of war. It is about less than two hours from Luna Residence.
Forte dei Marmi
FORTE DEI MARMI Marina resort facing Ligurian Sea, takes its name from the homonymous fort that stands at the center of the city, established by the grand duke Pietro Leopoldo in defense of the harbor, and the marbles, which from the Apuan Alps, not far away, were transported up to the deck and then take the via del mare. It is about less than two hours from Luna Residence
Forte dei Marmi, with its local shops and high class, selected a tourism of elite and is one of the most important tourist destinations more exclusive and worldly of the whole of Italy. The entire town of Fortedeimarmi is known for its exclusive stores and shops. The environment, surrounded by lush pine forests and tree-lined avenues is mundane but at the same time relaxing. At each tourist that will have frequented this place certainly will remain the sadness of the walks on the jetty which extends into the sea for 300 meters, and of the beautiful beach that offers all the convenience and comfort.
MILANO is the second italian city for population, after Rome, and it is one the most populated area in Europe. In the last century has stabilized its economic and productive role, making it the biggest Italian financial market, it is one of the capitals world of fashion and industrial design. On the outskirts of Milan, in the municipality of Rho, seats one of the poles of Milano Fear, that before was in another place of Milan, it is now the greater trade fair center of Europe. It is about less than two hours from Luna Residence.
Reale Palace is a cultural center in the heart of the city coordinated with three other exhibition venues: Besana Round, the Region Palace and the Tribune Palace. The palace plays an important role with regard to the art in Milan, as shown by the great successes of the exhibitions of recent years that have ranged from Monet, Picasso and many other known names of the painting and sculpture world.
In the frame late baroque Palazzo Brera, the seat of the Pinacoteca. Museum of world fame, hosts the masterpieces by Raffaello, Piero della Francesca, Caravaggio and Van Dyck.
VENEZIA has been for more than a millennium capital of the Republic of Venice and it has been known in this regard as "la Serenissima", the dominant and "the Queen of the Adriatic". For the peculiarity and urban for its artistic heritage, Venice is universally regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and is counted, together with its lagoon, among the world heritage protected by UNESCO: This factor has helped to make this the second italian city after Rome with the highest tourist flow, in large part from abroad. It is about less than two hours from Luna Residence.
To book your stay at Luna Residence click on the button check avaibility for the dates you have choosen. You can book directly from check avaibility by entering your complete generality: e-mail address, Mobile Phone and credit card details complete with expiration date. If you don’t want to proceed automatically, please send us a request in contact section, we will answer you as soon as possible.